Computer Monitor Riser + Laptop Risers
What is a monitor riser?
Monitor risers are designed to position your office computer monitor to the correct height and position so that your body position can be sitting or standing as neutral as possible.
Why do I have neck pain when sitting at my desk?
The most common cause of neck pain in office workers is due to the incorrect positioning of their computer monitor. Introducing a monitor riser to your workstation setup can significantly improve your neck pain and shoulder pain.
Correct position for my computer monitor
Your monitor should be positioned so that your eyes are level with the top 1/3rd of the screen and at least an arm’s distance away while seated. Another tip is to have your ears positioned over your shoulders while working. If this is too difficult, it might be time to schedule an eye exam with your optometrist.
Benefits of a monitor riser
- Raise your laptop to eye level
- Provide multiple height settings
- Allow for correct ergonomic setup of your laptop with an external keyboard and mouse
- Reduce neck pain
Features of a monitor riser
A good quality computer monitor riser will include the following features:
- Height Adjustable
- Fits the computer monitor base comfortably on it
- Is able to hold the weight of your computer monitor
Types of monitor risers
Our range of ergonomic monitor risers includes:
- Monitor Riser
- Fellowes Standard / Premium Computer Monitor Riser
- Laptop Riser
- Laptop Docking Stand
- Laptop Height Adjustable Stand
Do I need an Ergonomic Monitor Riser?
How to set up a monitor riser
- Make sure to position your monitor directly in front of you. The computer monitor should be adjusted in such a way that you are directly looking at the computer monitor and your eyes are level with the top 1/3rd of the monitor screen.
- The computer monitor should be positioned at least an arm’s distance away from you when seated.
- Your ears should be over your shoulders so as to avoid chin protrusion and unnecessary neck strain. Introducing a monitor stand will help you adjust the monitor.
- Most people tend to stick their neck forward when they have difficulty reading the print on the computer monitor. If you cannot read the screen clearly with the computer monitor just beyond arm’s length, it may be time to have your eyes checked by an optometrist.
Alternatives to Monitor Risers
A great alternative to a monitor riser is a monitor mount arm. A mount monitor arm attaches to a desktop mount via a desk clamp and features a gas spring.
This helps to adjust a single monitor or swivel the arm. These products are designed for lcd monitors and can accommodate led monitors between 13 to 27 inches in size.
There is also an option for a computer monitor laptop mount which allows for you to mount your laptop next to your monitor.
Australia Wide Shipping
We ship our range of monitor risers to workplaces and homes throughout Australia. To get a quote or for any further questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service team on 1300 898 965 or via email@example.com